Course Name: ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL ASPECTS OF SECTION C407 TOTAL BUILDING PERFORMANCE USING THE ENERGY STAR CFO CALCULATOR
Course Number: 0611950
CEUs: 3 (3 Hours of Instruction)
This course covers the compliance criteria included in SECTION C101.3 Intent and C407 TOTAL BUILDING PERFORMANCE according to the Florida Building Code 5th Edition (2014) Energy Conservation. The participant will increase their understanding of these sections at they pertain to cost calculations over the life of a building, and the use of the cost-based performance definition in C407.3 PERFORMANCE-BASED COMPLIANCE. The cost calculations compare and contract simple payback, rate of return, life-cycle cost (LCC); and why the code uses LCC for compliance. Finally, the presenter uses the ENERGY STAR® CFO calculator as a tool to demonstrate the analysis above.
Number of Classroom Hours:
Three (3) hours of instruction
The participant will learn:
- The content of Section C407 TOTAL BUILDING PERFORMANCE.
- The definition of total building performance according to the code?
- Mandatory cost-based performance means in terms of investments and compliance.
- First cost, operation and maintenance cost, and life-cycle cost.
- Simple payback, rate of return, cash flow.
Use the ENERGY STAR CFO Calculator is used to perform these calculations.
Method of Presentation:
This course will be presented in a classroom lecture format with instructor use of a multi-media presentation. Attendee participation and questions will be encouraged.
Instructors – Julio Rovi, Arlene Stewart, Bert Henderson.